Monday, February 27, 2012

Typography 101


This lovely thing is Malika Favre's Pin-Up Alphabet made for Wallpaper for their Sex & Art issue. It makes this post about typography look like a sexy post about typography.

I stare at documents at work all day thinking murderous thoughts about the people who made them. (You send a tab table to be translated into 26 languages? Really? Don't have your administrative assistant do your DTP for a 300 page IFU in Word, for Pete's sake. Poor thing probably had to write the darn thing too.) 

So my interest in typography has been newly rekindled recently. I don't know what exactly I'm going to do with all of this newly acquired typographical knowledge, but it'll probably come after my next conlang attempt.

Here's a list linking to the best of the best stuff I've found so far.



Finally, here's a well-curated Twitter list about typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment